With our longstanding commitment in mind, all parishes and Archdiocesan Catholic Schools use VIRTUS, a compliance management system that allows all parishes and schools to facilitate compliance with Archdiocesan child protection requirements for all volunteers who work with minors, employees, and clergy.
All those who wish to work or volunteer in our school must be appropriately screened and trained and provide three written references to the school. All who wish to do so must go to virtusonline.org.
- Select First-Time Signup
- Select Catholic Dioceses
- Select Baltimore Archdiocese, then select Confirm
- You will then see a letter from Archbishop Lori. After reading his letter, select NEXT.
- User Login Data section: You will create your own login-ID and password. Once all requested information is completed, select Next Step.
- Affiliation section: Select Volunteer as User Type.
- Select the appropriate Location Type, Where Located, and Location Name.
- Because you are working with children, select Substantial contact w/children. However, if you also will be driving children as part of your volunteer service, then select Drivers with contact. Then select Next Step.
- You will be asked, “Do you volunteer at another location?” If you will be serving at another location, repeat steps 6-8 for that location.
- Application Info section: You will be asked, “Are you a new volunteer?” Select Yes.
- Answer the three questions for volunteers/employees and provide three references. Then select, Next Step.
- Summary/Confirm section: Review your information. If it is correct, select Accept and then Confirm Signup.
- Background Check Registration/Criminal History Screening: Complete the background check form and authorization. Enter your electronic signature, then choose I Consent to the Background Check or I DO NOT Consent to the Background Check. (If you do not consent to the background check, you may not serve as a volunteer who will have substantial contact with children.)
- Next you will need to complete Protect the Children: STANDonline training.
- Once you have finished the training, you will be asked to read the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s child and youth protection policies: A Statement of Policy for the Protection of Children and Youth and the Code of Conduct for Church Personnel in the Archdiocese of Baltimore. You will be asked to answer questions about the policies.
Thank you for your service to our Church and especially for your commitment to the children and youth. Please contact Brenda Bell, our screening coordinator, at (410) 877-9660 if you have any questions.
Peace of Christ,
This is a test announcement: Testing Testing and more Testing makes Tests Testing.